While many people rhapsodize about the amazing benefits of honey, it may come as a surprise that natural bee honey contains a harmful toxin called pyrrolizidine alkaloids. So, honey requires pasteurization after the process of farming in order to remove these toxins. Frighteningly enough, unpasteurized honey can be deadly.
As a matter of fact, a mere tablespoon of honey can lead to several health complications, with the inclusion of headaches, dizziness, weakness and vomiting – these can last for up to 24 hours. It is likely that more than one teaspoon of unpasteurized honey could put your life at stake.